Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tested

This morning Liam had a check up at the pediatric center here so they could look at him and say it was/ is OK for him to go to school. I booked this about three weeks ago and today was the first appointment I could get. So we headed over there for our 8.30 appointment, arriving early because it was his first visit and we needed to do paperwork first. I got there early with insurance cards but I'd forgotten his plunket book, with his immunisation record in it and the form the school wants signed, still I know know he is 38 pounds ( Madeline is 30) and 40 3/4 inches tall. His eye sight is 20/30 in both eyes and his hearing is perfect. He's had a couple of extra vacines which are standard here but not in NZ.

So when he's loud he really is just shouting at you! He can hear a pin drop.

So, late on his first day at school Madeline and I dropped him off with not a backward look. Getting Madeline to leave is harder.

4 comments:

RUTH said...

Wow! What a milestone.

Get yourself a present.

Ruth said...

The first day if fine - wait for the second! Mind you you are unlikely to have him refuse to put on his blazer, moan about the tie......

Anonymous said...

Is too many "ruth"s a problem? I could try signing comments here like this.

Christine said...

I could tell who was who butanyone else reading might find the variation helpful!