Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Eat peaches!

We have a lovely peach tree in our yard it has been covered with peaches since we moved into the house. We had moments of concern when the thunderstorms lead to large hail stones, and people mentioned previously lossing tomato crops to golf ball sized hail. Over the last few weeks they have ALL become ripe so we are eating a lot of peaches. It's hard to complain about peaches which are ripe and sweet and warm from the sun. But if your nearby do pop in for a bag as there are still more on the tree and the fridge and freezer are full. It was peach muffins today. I'm thinking of peach salsa with pork for tomorrow. Getting peaches into the main meal is something I haven't achieved so far.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I have a maggi cook in the pot for pork with peaches (old and untested)- maybe you could find similar recipe?

M + J said...

Happy Birthday Richard!!!
Love Mere

RUTH said...

You need a mad bottling urge to preserve your peaches for posterity (or at least the months to come).

Christine said...

I'm resiting bottling (or canning as everyone here calls it, even thought they use glass bottles!)because I don't want to buy all the bottles for one season. There are quite a few in the freezer, when I can get the little yogurt pots I've put them into there before the children eat them.

Anne Olsen said...

Pity we missed the peaches. Would love to pop in for a bag - how many hours would it take? Given time changes maybe I coudl bethere before I leave

Anne Olsen said...

Pity we missed the peaches. Would love to pop in for a bag - how many hours would it take? Given time changes maybe I coudl bethere before I leave