Thursday, October 12, 2006

Up, up and away

There were plenty of beautiful balloon options avaliable at the Special Shapes Rodeo Mass accention which we went to this morning. It involved a 5am start so that we could drive to Alburquerque by dawn but it was fanatastic to see the Dawn patrol balloons going up as the sky started to light up.
By about 8am an amazing array of shapes had lifted off and floated by. Highlights were the cow, the horse and chillis, the space shuttle was pretty spectacular too.
The weather today was perfect, clear blue sky and almost no wind, so the balloons lifted up flew around the park and landed, some back in the place they started from. Following the rodeo event was a prize grab where the ballonists flew from a mile away to collect a tag from the ground and fly off. Great to watch as the huge array of colours flew in dropped and lifted and landed near by. There were balloons all over Albuquereque.

We had thought of going down on sunday and started out early but it was spittling and the rain got heavier so it was cancelled. I'm glad really 'cause I'd forgotten my camera. Today I took 235 picutres ( I won't bee posting them all) so should you NEED a picture of hot air balloons I might have just what you're after.

3 comments:

M + J said...

great! they are so amazing, and really quite noisy which I hadn't expected. Hot on top of my head when I was inside the basket.

I wish I could have seen the rally, might have to go to Monroe next year...

Anonymous said...

I love hot air balloons. They are like magic, no wind at all and perfect peace interrupted by the dragon just above your head. I have lured D up in one twice. Unfortunately he doesn't like heights and disapproves of me peering over the edge of the basket at the ground below.

Anne Olsen said...

They look fanastic - all those shapes. Soem great photogaphy too