Monday, April 16, 2007

Adaptation

Well we've been in Wellington for a while now it feels. I'm discovering I've adapted to some things American more than I thought. I keep trying to pay for my petrol at the pump before I pump, and I get a fright from the number! I expect to be able to swipe my eftpos card before they have finished scanning the items.

I go to the wrong side of the car to get in, but have been fine once driving. Light switches are fine for me now thou.

People seem to think Liam has some American acent, but he's already swapped back to a zed from a zee.

I think the Southwest will look dry and barren again when we return the view as I drive over the Wainuiomata hill is rather more lush than we've been seeing.

I'm seventeen weeks pregant so I guess these more adapting still to come and some American experiences I hadn't expected.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! And welcome home.

Hoaenz said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
and I've been so preoccupied building a house I totally missed you writing about your trip home - and I was in Wellington breifly in that time too.
Do you have another return planned at all? Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy! Anthea