Friday, June 16, 2006

A quiet week

So unsurprisingly with lack of car, it's been a quiet week for us, we ventured forth from the hotel room only occasionally and mostly to the pool or tennis court. Had thought this week I'd collect up basics for the house. Oh well no plates cups etc sure we'll cope.

Monday we did walk to the supermarket but there no footpath most of the way, so the mountain buggy got three punctures from the nasty thistles. Richard's got quite proficient with the repair kit, we get a puncture almost every time we use the thing. I think the checkout packer was a bit surprised when I said she couldn't help me to my car as I was walking. Didn't inspire more trips thou Richard has walked at least one way to work each day. (Maintaining his trim post builders laboring form!)

We're trying to eat in a manner consistent with the local flavors (it's my current meal planning inspiration) so we had Enchiladas de Pollo y Queso, Maple-Barbecued Spareibs and London Broil
All were very successful and Richard was the envy of several in the lunch room at least twice.

Our lease on the house comenced on thursday, but we haven't moved over yet thought we'd use the weekend and the car, actually took some bags and toys over this morning so we could wait for the new washer and dyer to arrive, nice of the landlord really, least I could do was have the door open.

As it turned out the cable guys came to disconnect, so since they are the company we thought we'd use we asked them not to and signed a contract - so we now have 75 channels and no TV, we're not actually planning on getting one either but it's easier to get internet with the cable connected. Kinda brings me to once we move from here tomorrow morning I'll be offline till said internet is connected. arghhh. No phone, no internet, no TV. Hope there's some money shopping looks like the only way to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have missed your messages, and miss you not being within phone call reach. Can you let me know your address so I can use snailmail seeing as my emails are not being answered either. REally cold here. I'mm off to Gore on 7th for Emb conference and expect snow.