Monday, September 18, 2006

Who started school?

Some how school seems to have taken over MY life, not just Liams. I've been helping out with the after care as our after care teacher is doing the main sessions since our new teacher resigned before school started. The board seems to be raising lots of issues in emails and we are trying to find, interview and appoint a new teacher which adds a few more emails. Our ideal person will partner with Lynn and have a desire to become the director of the school over the next couple of years, allowing Lynn to retire. Obviously they'll maintain the schools missions and philosphy but bring their own strengths and talents. Oh and we're a non profit so they won't want much money for this either! We have someone to interview tomorrow so hopefully they fit.

Today I participated (as well) and made scones from memory, and trying to make allowances for altitude. Several of the children helped, it was good. The scones were slightly soda-y but not too bad. They all got eaten anyway but maybe that was the jam.

I did my clean up and left as soon after 12.30 as I could knowing I need to be back for 2.30

2 comments:

Susan Harper said...

Oh dear, I hope you don't regret your choice of school. Having had that short conversation about schools in the US and sent you the url I feel a little responsible.

Christine said...

it's OK esp now as the person we interview is at the school teaching.
I didn't hav to become president of the board thet day I walked in and mostly I enjoy being at the school. I like that Madeline is welcome, as am I. I like that Liam wants to go. I like the people the other parents and teachers. So really I think it's a good fit. I was tired last week thou. I've not done away from home, have to be there type work for 5 years it was a shock to the system!